Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas is coming!

So in case you didn't know, York is on strike and I'm overwhelmed with free time. (Actually I still have a ton of work to do, but my life is lacking in structure right now) So I've been spending a great deal of my free time thinking about what to get people for Christmas. For one brief moment of madness I wanted to get everyone something from Tiffany's and spend the next year and a half trying to pay down my credit card debt, but the moment has passed and I realize that I'm not quite at the Tiffany's place in my life right now. (I know, I'm obsessed, shaddup) So I'm kind of toying with the notion of getting everyone MY favourite things, namely books and chocolate. Think about it, nothing says Christmas like candy (baby Jesus who?) and a good book is the gift that just keeps on giving. Just to keep people from thinking I'm totally boring and unoriginal I'm going to have to mix it up a little, some jewelry here, some the Body Shop there, you know, that kind of thing. But in all seriousness, I think I've hit upon the perfect combination for the people I really love, since most of them have literary tendancies anyways.

Anywhoodle, the other thing I'm thinking about, the thing that's really bugging me is how am I going to bring structure back in to my life. How do housewives do it I wonder? I know that I have tasks to do, but there's nothing to make me do it. Nothing would make me happier right now then finding a cure for my apathy. I would love to go for a swim or a brisk walk. I would love to be fascinated by the evolving purpose of the British government, but the reality is, this just doesn't seem to be happening right now. So what is a girl to do? Lets give it an hour, in an hour I'm going to get up from the couch, put on nicer clothes and go see the YMCA about a one month gym membership so that I don't have to cross the picket line, and I'll bring a swim suit with me, then I'll head over to the public library at bayview village and do some reading there, after that I will reward my lack of apathy with a browse through chapters! yay! (Plus I'll do some Xmas shopping while Im there!) then I'll walk home, do some tidying and maybe look up some recipes I can cook this week.

Yes! I write about my unproductiveness and suddenly I'm productive! Love it.

No comments: