Monday, November 10, 2008

do as I say, not as I do

I'm beginning to wonder at the peversity of human nature. The next time your with a three year old, just for kicks, tell him or her for no apparent reason, not to bang their heads against the wall. If their parents walk in on this social experiment it really is a totally legit warning. Now count how many times they try to defy your orders and bang their heads against the wall. I've been thinking about this a lot. On the one hand sometimes I feel like we become the total opposite of our parents. Case in point: our parents were the hippie generation, sex, drugs and rock and roll. My generation is the new capitalism. Consumer-driven greedy kids (depressing no?). On the other hand, I feel like we become the same. For example, I didn't come by my love of tidiness randomly, oh no. Or another thing... why as some one who is the product of a perfectly functional marriage am I so pessimistic about the whole institution in general.

Anyways, I don't know why I'm writing about this. I think its to help clear up my thoughts a little bit. My mind is just a hodgepodge of all kinds of crap right now.

Long story short: I'm spending the next few days working at a day camp to earn money during the strike. Silver lining folks.

No comments: